- the information that we collect;
- how we use this information, why we store and why we retain it; and
- how you can request that your information is updated, corrected or deleted.
Per the General Data Protection Regulations 2018, you have the following rights:
- the right to be informed;
- a right of access – you have the right to access the information we hold about you. This is called a subject access request and must be made to using the e-mail address set out below;
- the right of rectification – should you feel that we hold incorrect or incomplete information about you, please contact info@Geatóir to amend/update the data as desired;
- the right of erasure (right to be forgotten) – please see the section on right to erasure;
- the right of data portability;
- the right to restrict processing – we will always respect a request by you to stop contact by any or all methods of communication or for any specific purpose;
- the right to object – we are registered with the Data Commissioner’s Office and it is your right to lodge a complaint with them.
For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulations 2016, the Data Protection Appointed person is Deborah Nolan, Geatóir, 7, CLOONARKIN DRIVE, ORANMORE, CO. GALWAY
We follow the following principles to protect your privacy and to comply with GDPR:
- we do not collect more information than is necessary
- we do not use your data for purposes other than those specified
- we do not keep your data if it is no longer needed
- we do not share your data with third parties
- we use the appropriate technical measures to ensure that your data is securely stored on our system.
Other third-party sources of data
If collecting information from a third party, we will seek your consent in advance or otherwise make you aware of the collection and the reasons for it. This information may include:
- Professional references
- Results of competency tests
- Subjective feedback on performance
Where your data is stored
Your data will be stored within our database. This system is cloud based, but we ensure that all necessary data protection protocols are in place.
Cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our website, for example, which pages visitors go to most often. These cookies do not collect information that identifies a visitor.
All the information these cookies collect is aggregated and is therefore anonymous. It is only used to compile reports to help us improve our website. Information collected by these cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
We do not store any sensitive personal data (as defined in the General Data Protection Regulation 2016 Article 9), unless it has been provided by you as a part of the application or screening process. In this case it will only be stored with your specific consent.
Right to erasure
If you exercise your right to erasure, we will retain all that information which we are legally obligated to retain (such as employment contract data or financial payment), for the period that is set out by that legal obligation. We may also keep your name and the bare minimum of contact details so that we do not contact you or re-enter your details inadvertently in the future.
Mode and place of processing the data
At Geatóir we take appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorised access, disclosure, modification or unauthorised destruction of the data.
The data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT-enabled tools, following organisational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In some cases, the data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of the site (administration, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Data Controller at any time.
The data is kept for the time necessary to provide the service requested by the user, or stated by the purposes outlined in this document, and the user can always request that the Data Controller suspend or remove the data. Please contact info@Geatóir.com in this regard.
Additional information about data collection and processing
The rights of users
Users have the right, at any time, to know whether their personal data has been stored and can consult the Data Controller to learn about their contents and origin, to verify their accuracy or to ask for them to be supplemented, cancelled, updated or corrected, or for their transformation into anonymous format or to block any data held in violation of the law, as well as to oppose their treatment for all legitimate reasons. Requests should be sent to the Data Controller at the contact information set out above.
Right to Lodge a Complaint
Under Article 77 of GDPR, as a data subject, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. In Ireland the supervisory authority is the Office of the Data Commissioner.